… or you hate me. I can’t decide. Either way, I’ve been tagged again. This time for 5 Odd Things About Me. I’m not sure I can totally separate this from 6 Things You Don’t Know About Me, but I will try.
1. I almost constantly make sound. Okay, I am getting better, but I think this is a big reason why my parents wanted me out of the house. Whether it is whistling, making funny noises, tapping, snapping or doing my human beatbox thing, I always seem to feel the need to make sound.
2. I like most foods that start with ‘P’. Dare I say, I have a penchant for foods which start with ‘P’ ?? Pizza, popcorn, peanut butter, pasta, potato chips, pears (I always tell my wife that while I like apples better, I still appreciate a nice pear) even pancakes.
3. My wife always tells me it isn’t OCD, but I like to have routines for doing things. Whether it is morning rituals or bedtime rituals, I tend to do things in the same order and the same way. I always need to have things in the same place. When my mother-in-law visits, god bless her for helping out and doing the dishes, but she — through no fault of her own! — doesn’t always put stuff exactly where we put it.
Those were the easy ones… let’s see if I can finish this list off…
4. In my life, or at least since I was about 5, I’ve only had three people cut my hair. And one of those people only cut it, like, 2 or 3 times. And it isn’t like I have long hair — I get it cut 4 or 5 times a year. Of course, I do it when I go “back home”, which is about 6 hours away.
Did I mention that I have a fear of sloths..?
5. Okay, maybe this isn’t so odd, but I tend to research stuff to death before making major, or even some small buying decisions. Yet, despite all the research, it still takes me a long time to finally pull the trigger. I research.. come to a decision.. research some more.. change my mind.. research some more.. My father-in-law will research a thing to death. But, he’ll do it in 2 or 3 days, then make his decision and stand by it. I think the problem is, if you look hard enough, you will find someone who has something negative to say about anything.
I guess I am the same way with posts sometimes. I will write, and revise, and it will wind up taking me a week to answer something as simple as 5 odd things about me.
And now I have to pass this on, eh? Okay, I will give fellow CT dad, Clare’s Dad a chance to answer this one…