I’ve been “tagged” by LA Daddy. I am supposed to tell you 6 Things You Don’t Know About Me.
I’ve always seen other people being tagged, and I’ve seen people not respond to being tagged. Part of me always thought I would be in the latter group.
But then I was tagged. And I realized that if I did not respond, people might be … offended? Turned off? I dunno. I respect LA Daddy, though, and I love his writing. I am honored he chose me! And this one really isn’t that bad. So, assuming I can come up with 6 while still respecting my family’s privacy, I will do it.
But I still reserve the right to decline one I think will be too… personal.
1. I’ve mentioned before that I do a lot of voices. But the one I am most proud of is my Alf voice. I’ve been told it is dead on. And c’mon — how many people can do an Alf voice. I’ve not even heard Rich Little do an Alf voice!
2. I’ve won an Emmy. I do work in the television field. Sure, I work in technology, but for a company in the television industry. And the work we do in our technology group is vital to the shows we put out.
Okay, 2 down, 4 to go. I really wish I hadn’t previously mentioned my fear of sloths…
3. I’ve been a computer geek for over 30 years now. My father was a computer programmer, thanks to the army, and got us (what I assume is) a good deal on an Apple ][ computer in Connecticut (we lived in the Buffalo area). So, in third grade, I had a computer in my home. Within a couple years, I was do some very basic programming, and running my own BBS system. And if I haven’t convinced you of my geekiness in my younger days yet — I used to play Dungeons and Dragons.
4. I play a little guitar. No, I don’t mean I play a ukulele. I mean I have three guitars and every once in a while I will pick one up and play. Of course, my daughter always has to play one of the others, but that’s cool. I hope she does have an interest in music. Anyhow, thanks to the internet and on-line guitar tabs, plus some talented friends, I am pretty much self-taught. I am not great, but I’ve written a couple nice ditties for “the kitten” and one for my daughter when she was younger.
5. My first “celebrity crush” was in 3rd grade, and it was Dorothy Hamil. Hey, I was in 3rd grade!
6. I have a gym membership. Don’t worry – I don’t think the people at the gym know about this either. I like to think I get enough exercise chasing a 2 1/2 year old around, but who am I kidding? Certainly not our scale.
So now I am supposed to tag someone else and hope they forgive me… I will choose Tessa over at BoobJuiceFactory because I like her writing and think everyone should go check her blog out… plus I am not sure I’ve seen her do one of these yet.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve been tagged again! (I’d be angry at How About Two’s Rob, but he’s having twins, so he’ll get his due!)